Hey everyone! This is the first of my Summer Swig Series. Those who know me know I am somewhat notorious for drinking water with various combinations of herbs and fruits. I bring them where ever I go. Having an autoimmune condition left me limited in the drink selection department so I eventually began to experiment. Over time I came up with several simple and tasty drink combos to help keep me cool in the Arizona heat, all while keeping within the autoimmune nutrition protocol.
Here’s my Berry Mint recipe…
- 8 oz filtered water
- 1/4 cup frozen organic mixed berries
- 2 medium sized organic mint leaves
- Handful of ice cubes
- Drop the berries in the bottom of the empty glass
- Grab the 2 mint leaves and rub them together a few times to release some of their flavor then drop them in the glass
- Add the filtered water
- Grab a spoon or fork and press down on the berries a few times to smush out some of their lightly sweetened deliciousness and stir around a few times to incorporate
- Add the water
The longer it “marinates” the water, the better it tastes. Enjoy!